As of July 31st we will be putting the new crawl servers into effect. The new servers will have the hostnames yin.ircs.me and yang.ircs.me.
The new addresses for the crawl servers are:
Please update the exempts in your IRCd configurations to include these IP addresses before July 31st to avoid any disruption in crawling your network.
- The new crawler contains a master-slave system for added redundancy in crawls.
- The new crawler grabs up MOTD for each individual server, and will be accompanied by a website update.
- The new crawler allows staff more control over the index and status of a network’s index.
- The new crawler is able to handle networks which previously the crawler struggled with.
- The new crawler is much more fault tolerant.
- The new crawler is able to crawl at lightning speeds!