IRC-Source recently got a rewrite from the ground up. That rewrite was migrated to be the main website as of the beginning of 2017.
Since then I’ve gotten a lot of feedback on the new website, and in general you guys seem to like it. Here are some of the highlights:
- Faster, more responsive, page load times.
- A completely new design
- Featured networks
- Network ranking instead of scoring
- Improved network search
- Channel search
- Channel pages with 7 day users count graph
- New user profile pages
- Forums are gone but in the process of being rewritten. This will take a while considering the complexity of the task and limited time that I have to develop now days.
- An admin dashboard is in the process of being built (up until now I’ve done most database operations manually) so we may be accepting more staff to fill various roles in the future.
- New network settings, such as the ability to label a network janus/pylink, set a redirect to a different network, or even suspend/unsuspend indexing.
- A new About Us page laying out who our staff is and a brief history of IRC-Source.
- A new API only available to beta testers at the moment, this may change in the near future as it comes to completion.
We are still accepting feedback for new features/changes, so don’t hesitate to shoot any email off to [email protected] if you have some ideas you would like to share.